Last updated: February 2018
This privacy statement explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and who we give that information to. It also sets out your rights in relation to your information and who you can contact for more information or queries.
Please read this privacy statement carefully. By visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this privacy statement. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information about us
In this privacy statement, references to “we”, “us”, “our” are references to IMAS Corporate Finance LLP, a registered limited liability partnership in England (registered no.OC364774) with registered address 10 Philpot Lane, London, England, EC3M 8AA. We are the “data controller” for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the “controller” for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation when the GDPR comes into force on 25 May 2018.
Collection of information about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website, submitting any job application or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, enter a survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Technical information when you visit our website, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
How we use your information
When you provide personal information to us, we may use it for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection), including:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to process and acknowledge any job application that you may make;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Legal basis for processing your information
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions in order to process your personal information:
- our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our businesses (provided these do not interfere with your rights);
- to satisfy any legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject;
- where no other condition for processing is available, if you have agreed to us processing your personal information for the relevant purpose.
Sharing of information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, officers, insurers or professional advisers as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy statement
Your personal information may be transferred to third party service providers who process information on our behalf, including providers of information technology, identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data back-up, security and storage services. The third party providers may use their own third party subcontractors that have access to personal data.
We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
Your personal data will not be transferred to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area (the EEA).
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information only as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required to do so by law.
Where we are legally required to obtain your explicit consent to provide you with marketing materials, we will only provide you with such marketing materials if you have provided consent for us to do so.
If you opt into any subscriptions, you will receive automated emails when content is updated. If you opt into any newsletters, you will receive emails known as newsletters. If you select any preferences such as issues, topics, subjects or industries, you may receive email communications related to those self-selected topics.
Unsubscribing from marketing
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any marketing, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of the website or in the relevant communications to you.
If you do not wish to receive emails or marketing communications from us, you can at any time contact us to request that such communications cease. If you choose to unsubscribe from any or all mailings, we may retain information sufficient to identify you so that we can honour your request.
Rights in relation to your information
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such personal information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such personal information;
- object to our processing of your personal information; and/or
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing).
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us by sending an email or by one of the means set out at the end of this privacy statement. We may charge for a request to access your information, if permitted by applicable law.
Security of personal information
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorised persons are provided access to personal information collected via the website; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the Internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavour to protect personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
If you have any questions or complaints about this privacy statement or the way your personal information is processed on the website, or would like to exercise one of your rights set out above, please contact us by one of the following means:
Post: 10 Philpot Lane, London, England, EC3M 8AA
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection regulator.
We may update this privacy statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. So you know when we make changes to this privacy statement, we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. The new modified or amended privacy statement will apply from that revision date. Therefore, we encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically to be informed about how we are protecting your information.